Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesday Feb.24.2009 -New Music Report




After waking up, watching Saved by the Bell re-runs .. (the one where Zack hooks up with Lisa as Screech watches) I fired up the mac book and went to browse and listen to the newest official hip hop drops of today.

Singles

Rick Ross feat. John Legend- Magnificent
Melodic beat. Seems like Ross is going to actually drop a really decent body of work. Could be his best album to date and I enjoyed his first two efforts. I think Legend compliments the hook and gives this song a nice spring/ summer driving music feel to it. I can always remember driving from Orlando down to the beach and listening to Trilla.. nice summer vibes.

Twista- Wetter
It's been a minute since I played some Twista. I remember grabbing his Kamikaze album back in '03 and enjoying a decent ammount of that record. "Overnight Celeb" still gets spins for me. Wetter is another laid back type track. Reminds me of a cut that shoulda been on Kamikaze. Typical Twista speeded up flow with some sick word play drenched over the calm beat. Worth checking out for sure.

Flo-Rida feat. Pleasure P- Shone
Club joint.. not really feeling him but I guess if I had a few drinks in me, I'd listen to it?


Albums

Joe Budden- Padded Room
Didn't get to give it a full listen but heard mixed reviews from a few friends who got the chance to bump it. What they said was average beat selection and a few songs that stood out.. other than that it was a typical lifeless Budden album. I will give it a spin later this week and give you my opinion on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment